Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy is an historic & Action Movie, was released on October 2, 2019.
Sye Raa movie was inspired by Indian freedom fighter, Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy/ Majjari Narasimha Reddy. Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy was martyred by British rulers.
Sye Raa movie came with high expectations and budget. Chiranjeevi konidela played the role of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
Sye Raa hit the screens on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. Sye Raa is a historic action movie and Chiranjeevi’s 152 movies produced by his son Ram Charan konidela .
Ram Charan announced the movie on June 26, 2017, and filming began on December 6, 2017.
Plot of The Sye Raa Movie:
The story is narrated by The Great Queen and the Women Freedom Fighter Jhansi Laxmi Bhai in a situation where she inspires her warriors, in an attempt to get realized through what guts someone should fight for a great reason.
She told about the story of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy, who is known for the first freedom fighter for independence in India.
She narrates the childhood of Narasimha Reddy and his mentor, Guru Gosay Venkanna from whom he gets trained. She explains the consequences, difficulties and pride towards his earth, which Narasimha Reddy carried as ornaments till his last breath.
The Great Queen Jhansi Laxmi Bhai narrates the story when there is a shortage of warriors in her kingdom, from her side.
By hearing the story of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy, warriors who got inspired shouts, "Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy" before going to fight in war.
Sye Raa is a tribute to Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy. Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy is son of former Telugu Palegadu Mallareddy and Seethamma.
He was born in Rupanagudi village, Uyyalawada Mandal, Kurnool District. The movie features the childhood, role as a leader of the independence campaign, and legacy in death of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
The movie is set with an awesome screenplay with the royal appearance of Narasimha Reddy. Sye Raa also features Narasimha Reddy’s personal life, which features his family, love interest, wife and the pain of losing personal life while fighting for a great cause.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Review:
Though everyone came to know the first freedom struggle led in India, as many people were not aware of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
The makers of the film said that it is not a biopic of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy, but inspired by his story.
So, the commercial elements like Laxmi (Tamannah) dying in a fire, and some concepts were fictional. But those scenes played a crucial role in entertaining the audience.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy movie is an epically historic movie inspired by the Real life story Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
Anushka Shetty appeared as the Great Queen Jhansi Laxmi Bhai. Amitabh Bachchan appeared as Guru Gosay Venkanna and Nasser appeared as Narasimha Reddy’s grandfather.
Screenplay And Direction:
The screenplay and sequences of scenes were big plus points. The direction is also so good. Surender Reddy directed the film in an absolutely good way.
Dialogues were a major plus point as they make the audience feel to be part of the struggle. Action sequences are jaw-dropping and make mass fans stick to the seats. Dialogues were written by Paruchuri brothers.
Acting And Music:
- Chiranjeevi delivered his best in Narasimha Reddy character.
- Vijay Sethupathi Tamil actor acted and dubbed for Sye Raa. It is his first movie in Telugu.
- Sudeep played as Avuku Raju which has some shades of attitude and who is a supporter of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy
- Jagapathi Babu was also delivered his best and dialogue delivery was impressive as every film.
- Although the screen presence of actresses Nayantara and Tamannah is less, they did justice to the characters. Tamannah has impressed with her dance, where Nayantara played a soft role… Background music makes a feel of getting goosebumps. Amit Trivedi is at his best in delivering songs.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Cast:
|Chiranjeevi Konidela||Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy|
|Jagapathi Babu||Veera Reddy|
|Vijay Sethupathi||Raja Pandi|
|Ravi Kishan||Basi Reddy|
|Amitabh Bachchan||Guru gosay venkanna|
|Nasser||Narasimha Rfathe grand father|
Sye Raa Crew:
|Excel entertainment AA films (Hindi) |
Super good film (Tamil)
|A. Sreekar prasad||Editor|
|Songs- Amit Trivedi Score- Julius Packian||Music|
Synopsis of the Movie:
- Jhansi Laxmi Bhai narrates the story of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
- Narasimha Reddy is called “Kaarana Janmudu”(born for a reason), as he defeated death while taking birth.
- He decides to drive against British people from childhood by seeing atrocities by British people shown towards his father, a former Palegadu.
- Narasimha Reddy’s connection with his mentor, Guru Gosayi Venkanna.
- Things will take a turn after a British officer criticizes Reddy.
- Some action sequences on tit for tat towards the British army.
- Narasimha Reddy sends an official note along with dead bodies of British soldiers who came to arrest Reddy, that an open war will be held between his army and the British army for which Reddy Kills British collector inside water.
- Reddy leaves his mother, wife, son, and region to live in a forest so that he could wait for the right time to fight against British Government, which has many times more army than Reddy’s army.
- Narasimha Reddy’s love interest, Laxmi’s death sequence.
- Warriors from other states like Pandi Raj from TamilNadu, join the war.
- His tremendous speech, before he gets martyred by the British people.
Sye Raa Movie Story:
The movie is inspired by Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy’s life. He revolted against the British Government for freedom. He is a warrior.
The story revolves in the 1850s and shows events of a great warrior’s life. The sequences include his determination towards bringing freedom to Rayalaseema.
Knowing the cause for freedom to get back, his personal life, his strategies to fight against an army which is many times more than his army, and how he United many people together.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy got Rating of IMDB 7.5 out of 10.
Sye Raa Box Office Collection:
The rebellion story Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy was made with a budget of ₹270-300 crores, where it grossed ₹240.6 crores.
It had a blockbuster opening and earning in Telugu states but had very few openings in Non-Telugu states except Karnataka.
According to IB Times, the movie grossed ₹2.65 million in North America which didn't meet expectations. The movie grossed about ₹190 crores in the first week in India. It remained with a 10% loss for distributors.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Full Movie:
The story begins with The Great Jhansi Laxmi Bhai narrating the story of Great Freedom fighter Narasimha Reddy like a teacher motivates students by saying about his seniors.
You will get to know the legacy and royal-ness of Narasimha Reddy in the very beginning itself. Narasimha Reddy is a born warrior.
He defeats death when everyone thinks that baby is born dead. To become a warrior, he gets training from Guru Gosay Venkanna. Goosebumps guaranteed, for the very first attempt of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy against cruel British Government.
Narasimha Reddy alone kills 3,000 British soldiers to save the country. Many warriors will join his campaign from different places.
It’s an absolute feast, watching the warriors celebrating their victory after defeating the British in most of the places.
Every one in Rayalaseema knows Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy and dialogue is there “ikkadunna prathi gadapaki Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy anda untundhi”.
He is celebrated by every Telugu person. At last, he will get killed by a British soldier. After listening to the story Jhansi Laxmi Bhai and her army says “Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy….” To motivate themselves.
Link for a trailer:
Sye Raa Movie Songs
There are 4 songs in Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy
- Sye Raa (Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal):
- Jaago Narasimhaa jaagore (Shankar Mahadevan, Haricharan, Anurag kulkarni):
- Andam Ankitam (Vijay Prakash, Shashaa Tripathi):
This song was not included in the movie.
- Swaasalona desame (Haricharan, Chandra Bose):
Awards And Nominations:
- Chiranjeevi Konidela got the Zee cinema award for the best actor award.
- The movie had chances to get awards for action sequences, costumes, and screenplay. It had great dialogues too. The action sequences of the movie are jaw-dropping.
- The movie was very good in almost all categories but didn’t manage to get awards in the crew category.
FAQ on Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy:
1. Is Sye Raa hit or flop?
In Telugu states, it remained as the biggest opener, but didn’t get the budget. So, it is considered to be a flop.
2. Why is Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy flop?
There were many reasons behind its flop. One of the main reasons was the lack of publicity out of Telugu states.
3. Is Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy available on amazon prime?
Yes, it is available.
4. Is Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy biopic of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy?
No, Sye Raa is not a biopic but inspired by the story of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.
5. What is the meaning of Sye Raa?
Sye Raa means “to call”, in the sense of the movie, it is “call for war”
6. Is Narasimha Reddy dead?
Yes, he is was the great Freedom Fighter of India and sacrificed his life for his country and countrymen.
7. How did Narasimha Reddy die?
One of his supporters, Veera Reddy gave Narasimha Reddy poison accusing him as the one who killed his son. That weakened Narasimha Reddy and got defeated in the hands of the British people.
8. What are the Collections of Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy?
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy grossed ₹240.6 crores worldwide
9. Who is the son of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy?
Dora Subhaya is the son of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy
10. What is Chiranjeevi’s next film?
There are two movies on board, one is Acharya which will be directed by Koratala Siva, and the female role of the movie has been roped by Kajal Aggarwal and another one is a remake of Lucifer, a Malayalam film. There is also buzz that Chiranjeevi is going to remake Vedalam, a Tamil film.
Unique Points on Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy That Can Inspire to Anyone:
- He is said to be “born for a reason”.
- As we see in today’s movies and challenges between hero and villain, Narasimha Reddy challenged the British people that he will break their treasure at 12 PM on someday and the next day he will do so
- Narasimha Reddy announces an open battle on a British officer, almost about 3 village people attend the battle. Narasimha Reddy kills the officer so brutally.
- He leaves all relations with family for a cause of freedom, so army culture came before our government.
- He killed 3000 and a few more British soldiers to save countrymen from their cruelty.
When we ask someone about the Indian freedom struggle, one can hear the names of Great Queen Jhansi Laxmi Bhai, Subhash Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh, Chnadra Shekhar Ajaad and many more.
The freedom struggle started 10 years before sipayi revolt. This movie is a brilliant attempt to know the history of India where people know our true warriors and their guts, even though not everything is real but gives experience on what those warriors were concerned about people and how they used to cross all limits to get freedom.
Sye Raa Review
This movie is a pure presence of pride that every Indian should feel and remember the bloodstream of the warriors, who are the reason for the luxury people are going through today. Although the makers said it is not a biopic of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy but inspired from his story.
- Plot of The Sye Raa Movie:
- Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Review:
- Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Cast:
- Sye Raa Crew:
- Synopsis of the Movie:
- Sye Raa Movie Story:
- Sye Raa Box Office Collection:
- Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Full Movie:
- Sye Raa Movie Songs
- Awards And Nominations:
- FAQ on Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy:
- Unique Points on Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy That Can Inspire to Anyone:
Share this Epic On Social Media:
This is Pradeep Kumar From Delhi. I am the biggest fan of South Indian Movies & i used to write articles on south movies, it’s actor & actress. You always find me watching south movies and writing reviews and articles of movies in my free time.